What do you do on this list?
Did you know that most Australian's create about 70kg of plastic waste a year... Yes most individuals creat 70kg of plastic waste. We are literally drowning in plastic. It is everywhere choking our environment and killing our wildlife. If you don't think a single person's actions don't make a difference imagine 7 billion people saying the same thing.
Here are some tips to lead a zero waste life. Trust me every person's action matters. We need to start now.
1) buy a keepcup and refuse disposable coffee cups. Coffee cups are not recyclable only the lids are recyclable and biodegradable cups can only biodegrade under certain conditions so if you buy a biodegradable cup and send it to landfill it will not break down.
2) buy reusable cutlery and straw to keep in your car for an emergency.
3) buy from bulk food stores if you don't have a bulk food store buy goods in larger quantities to minimize packaging waste.
4) choose shampoo, conditioner and body bars to reduce plastic packaging.
5) Toothpaste powder and tabs are always better than toothpaste tubes.
6) choose to buy things in glass and metal jars over plastic.
7) compost all your food scraps and organic waste.
8) swap your deodorant to deodorant balm
9) refuse products in packaging remember the more people refuse to buy crap the more companies will start to make less crap.
10) buy a reusable water bottle
11) swap cotton buds to bamboo cotton buds
12) if you do buy things in packaging please take all soft plastic to coles/ woolies
13) your local council will have many things they will collect at transfer stations for recycling always call your council to find out. https://planetark.org/campaigns/rny.cfm
14) always think about your environmental impact before you purchase anything.
15) if you buy take out take your own containers most places don't mind using your containers.
16) refill cleaning products otherwise just use white vinegar.
17) know the difference between degradable, biodegradable and compostable. And learn that compostable is always the best choice.
18) remember refuse, reduce and reuse before you recycle.
19) Bring your own reusable bag when shopping
20) Share this list
Comments are closed.