Happy Earth Day!
Happy Earth Day! Today, more than 1 billion people in 192 countries will participate in Earth Day activities, making it the world's largest environmental event. This year, in the face of global inaction on pressing environmental problems, we must harness that power.
Every day we have the opportunity to raise awareness and inspire people to restore our earth! Here is a list of 15 ways you can help look after our earth:
1. Ditch single use plastic, recycle, and compost food waste.
2. Share social media posts from your favourite environmental/animal charity to help spread the word.
3. Leave water out for wildlife (and place sticks in it for insects to be able to escape).
4. Sign a petition for a cause you believe in.
5. Say no to entertainment and tourism that exploits animals and harms the environment.
6. Bring a reusable coffee cup to your coffee shop!
7. Donate to your favourite environmental/animal charity.
8. Conserve water. The less you use, the less runoff and wastewater that will eventually end up in the ocean.
9. Learn more about our earth & animals through books, documentaries and educational resources.
10. Bike more!
11. Eat kind by dining on delicious plant-based meals. Cutting out animal products like meat, dairy and eggs is easier than you might think! The U.N. reports that animal agriculture is responsible for 18% of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.
12. Shop kind by not buying clothes, cosmetics or items that use or test on animals or harm our planet. Shop secondhand for your next purchase or buy from a sustainable brand.
13. Arrange a fundraiser for your favourite charity.
14. Email or write a letter to your MP or local newspaper about an animal welfare or environmental issue you care about.
15. Turn off the lights! Conserve electrical energy by only using what you need or switch to renewable resources, like wind, water or the sun!
Comments are closed.