This is what was pooed out by a Magpie in Native ARC Inc. hospital this week. The bird was emaciated, lethargic and extremely unwell. After tlc and fluids the bird was able to pass the object. Upon inspection the item was a mix of balloon, plastic and rubber band. This is a great example of why balloons and plastic should never be 'released' and why we all need to take care in how we dispose of waste. The bird is recovering well but is one of the lucky few that made it to medical care. It is estimated millions of birds die each year as a result of plastic ingestion. #northernbeachescleanupcrew #balloonsblow #balloons
Comments are closed.